Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artful Thursday Spool Ornament

Artful Thursday Post

I have been so busy lately that I neglected to create an Artful Thursday project last week. Actually I made a banner for my sister but have yet to completely finish it so it will be a different post. I still have a box full of these vintage wooden spools so I decided to create a fun ornament!

Gather Materials:
Wooden Spool
Florist Wire
Vitage Sheet Music
"Wishes" Stamp
Silver Ink
Fabric Scrap
Melissa Frances Glittered Chipboard Star
Glass Bead

Step 1: Tear vintage sheet music to fit around the wooden spool.
Step 2: Stamp on vintage sheet music with "wishes" stamp & silver ink
Step 3: Adhere vintage sheet music to wooden spool.
Step 4: Thread florist wire through the wooden spool and attach glass bead and glittered chipboard star to end of the spool. I used my Martha Stewart punch to punch a hole in the top of the star then threaded the wire through the star and then the bead and back through to the top of the spool.
Step 5: Create a hoop at the top of the spool with the wire.
Step 6: Tie fabric scrap around the wire at top of the spool.
STep 7: Hang your ornament somewhere! Makes a great door hanger!!

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice. I could see it hanging above an open window and it would look shiny and sparkly in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun- I love vintage spools.

    ReplyDelete